CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

My photo
I am a grad student at George Mason University in VA. I am a GIS Spatial Analyst for Fairfax County Government.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Walters Museum: Map Exhibit


Two weekends ago I went on a Sat. to the Walter's Museum with GMU's Geography Department. The above photo is a really large tile mosaic. No photos were allowed inside the exhibit so I took this one, which was just outside the exhibit. I really enjoyed the FREE map exhibit. One quote on the wall that puts the whole exhibit into words went like this:

"There only is one planet Earth, but this room [speaking of the exhibit] makes plain how many ways there are to look at it. In mapping the world, each culture has its own center, its own idea of what is up, and its own conception of what is important."

0 comments: