CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

My photo
I am a grad student at George Mason University in VA. I am a GIS Spatial Analyst for Fairfax County Government.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Check out my Links List

I have to give credit to myself so please check out my website WorkmanProjects.com I haven't posted anything in a while but I am using it as my portfolio when I apply for GIS jobs. I initially made this in February 2007 when I applied for my current GIS job at the Dept. of Housing & Community Development for Fairfax County. ..so I haven't changed my out-of-date welcome page. But please check out my MAPS link. These maps were made while I was an undergrad at BYU.

Since I work for Fairfax County, I use county data everyday. For those who would like to use county data but do not have direct access, you can use demographic, crime, and parks data on My Neighborhood. "MyNeighborhood is an Internet mapping and information reporting application. It lets you know what features and county facilities are available in and around your neighborhood. "

While at work a co-worker told me about DataPlace. I would recommend this to any non-GIS user who is eager to do some geographic data analysis but lack the software or GIS skills.
"DataPlace aims to be your one-stop source for housing and demographic data about your community, your region, and the nation. The site not only assembles a variety of data sets from multiple sources, but it also provides tools and guides to assist you in analyzing, interpreting, and applying the data so you can make more informed decisions. "

0 comments: